Forest Preservation Programme
The programme aims to provide assistance through the provision of technical equipment and training to improve capacity for forest conservation. The expected outcomes of the project include the improvement of the physical and technical capacity of local governments for forestry management; capacity building of the Department of Forestry (DOF) for improved forestry management; enhanced training skills within forestry related educational institutions; and, complimentary technical assistance for the management of protection forest in light of REDD+.
Activities include procurement and technical assistance.
1. Central government level- Vehicles, motorcycles, PCs, GIS/Remote-sensing software, database-related hardware and software, equipment for forest survey, satellite images, etc.
2. Local government level- Vehicles, motorcycles, PCs, GIS software, equipment for forest survey, power generators, etc.
3. PAREDD (Participatory Land and Forest Management for Reducing Deforestation project) counterparts- Vehicles, motorcycles, PCs, GIS software, equipments for forest study, etc.
4. Educational institution- Vehicles, motorcycles, PCs, GIS software, equipments for forest study/nursery field, etc.
1. Training of procured equipment on local level (Field Survey/IT&GIS)- IT and GIS trainings
2. Development of forest management database (based on FIM System)- Construction of prototypes of the Protection and Conservation Forest Database and sharing network
3. Implementation/support for installation of DOF Reporting System- Preparation of an internet environment in 8 Provincial Forestry Section (PFS) offices, on-site training on DOF reporting system for PFS staff
4. Supplementary technical support to PAREDD project- Supporting reference emission level (REL) etc.
5. Creation of draft Guideline on Protection Forest Management Planning- Consultation and drafting.